Last year, Cologix published its inaugural annual ESG Report, outlining our commitment to environmental excellence, social impact and ethics surrounding our governance practices. Since that time, we have made significant progress in our work across the ESG spectrum. As Cologix’s Chief Marketing Officer, I have seen firsthand from our customers, partners and employees the interest in and the need for strong ESG programming. In companies worldwide, leadership teams are recognizing the importance ESG can play in business strategy and the collective impact businesses can have across their value chains to protect our people and planet.
Today, I’m honored to take on the additional role of ESG Strategy Officer for Cologix. Alongside my fellow leadership team members, I will actively work to integrate ESG initiatives across the Cologix business. I’m proud to share our 2nd annual ESG Report with all our stakeholders. This report outlines the steps we have taken since our last report’s publication. The report provides all Cologix stakeholders with a strong understanding of our work over the last year in ESG initiatives. In addition, it lays out a roadmap for the future of ESG at Cologix, setting targets and identifying key performance indicators that will keep us accountable to our stakeholders, sharing our progress openly today and in the future.
I’m especially proud to share the following three highlights from the report:
- Our commitment to becoming carbon neutral by 2030. We took on the complex task of calculating our Scope 1 and Scope 2 carbon emissions for 2021. From that baseline, we are developing strategies that will transition Cologix facilities to renewable energy, build efficient and forward-thinking data centers and engage our partners in building a solid foundation for carbon neutrality. This is no small task. The road to carbon neutrality will take hard work and dedication from every location and department at Cologix, but we are confident a carbon-neutral future is the right path.
- Our overarching emissions intensity across Cologix in 2021 was 0.07. In Canada, through the use of renewable energy, we have achieved an emissions intensity of 0.003, which aligns with LEED Platinum Certification Levels for CO2 intensity.
- The launch of Cologix’s first formal Employee Resource Group, the Cologix Women’s Connection Network (CWCN). This is just the first step in our commitment to create more diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) programming at Cologix. Formalizing our DEI processes means ensuring our employees can bring their full selves to work and find support and connections in their colleagues. I’ve been delighted by the engagement with CWCN in a few short months and look forward to additional engagement and growth in our Employee Resource Group initiatives in the future.
- 90% of Cologix’s female employees attended the first CWCN event, with participation levels staying consistent through monthly volunteer meetings and quarterly group meetings.
- The formation of our ESG Steering Committee that is comprised of key leaders across Cologix with subcommittees in the areas of environment, social and governance strategy. This committee reports directly to Cologix’s Chairman and CEO Bill Fathers and will report out regularly to our Board of Directors regarding our ESG Roadmap and progress toward our goals.
- Seven members of the ESG Steering Committee meet monthly to accelerate progress, evaluate metrics and note areas for collaboration and focus.
Today, I invite you all to read our 2021 ESG Report and stay connected with me and our entire team on our ESG journey. We look forward to your ideas, thoughts and partnership as we grow our sustainability impact together.