DENVER and LOS ANGELES, October 25, 2023 — Cologix and CIM Group announced today the completion of a state-of-the-art, 15-megawatt (MW) Scalelogix TOR4 data center in Toronto, Canada. Strategically located within one of Toronto’s premier connectivity hubs, the joint venture data center between Cologix and CIM Group solidifies the city’s position as a pivotal digital hub.
The completion of this facility marks a significant milestone in Cologix’s commitment to fortifying the digital infrastructure of the region and delivering unparalleled colocation and interconnection services to its customers. For CIM Group, an active owner and investor in data centers across North America, the completion is part of its continued expansion in digital infrastructure. While a significant portion of the data center has been pre-leased by a major global business anchor tenant, additional space is available.
“Strong demand from major global cloud providers and prominent digital enterprises continues to drive us to actively enhance our Scalelogix portfolio throughout North America,” stated Cologix’s Chief Revenue Officer Chris Heinrich. “TOR4 embodies our vision of providing cutting-edge hyperscale data center solutions that empower businesses to thrive with rapid connectivity, ultra-low latency, robust security and essential network access, which are vital to helping our customers grow their businesses at the digital edge.”
Encompassing 50,000 square feet on a 3.4-acre campus, the facility is designed to accommodate the evolving needs of businesses in the technology-driven era. With the completion of TOR4, Cologix offers more than 200 Canadian-based networks and over 700 networks across the company’s North American footprint. Supported by robust power and cooling infrastructure, TOR4 ensures optimal performance and security for mission-critical operations.
In addition to digital infrastructure, such as data centers, CIM Group’s growing portfolio of diverse infrastructure assets include renewable energy, transportation, and water and waste management that support metropolitan communities in North America. For more than 25 years, CIM Group has utilized its broad expertise to own, develop, reposition and operate real assets, transforming communities and creating dynamic environments throughout the Americas.
“CIM Group believes that data centers are critical infrastructure assets. We are focused on growing our investment in state-of-the-art data centers throughout North America that accommodate the latest and future technologies. Further, our investment strategy prioritizes data centers that are designed and operated in a manner that reflects the best practices in sustainability and environmentally sensitive processes,” said Avi Shemesh, Co-Founder and Principal, CIM Group.
With its innovative design and advanced features, TOR4 provides reliable, scalable and high-performance services to companies navigating the complexities of the digital landscape. Key features of the new facility include:
- Energy Efficiency. Cooling system is designed to maximize energy efficiency complete with free-cooling capability. It also includes green roof capacity.
- Purpose-Built Flexibility. Designed as a three-story, 50,000-square-foot facility on a sprawling 3.4-acre campus, TOR4 boasts a tailor-made infrastructure that offers flexibility to adapt and expand according to business requirements. There are two planned data halls as well as exclusive cages and approximate cabinet capacity of 1,000 cabinets.
- Robust Power. The power distribution is strategically redundant, enhancing stability and minimizing downtime. TOR4 runs on a robust 15 MW of power, ensuring unwavering performance and reliability, and has multiple back-up generators and dedicated units supporting the cooling infrastructure.
- Highly Connected Network. TOR4 is part of Cologix’s robust interconnection ecosystem of 700+ networks, 350+ cloud providers, 30+ public cloud onramps and six internet exchanges. The facility includes multiple physically separated, diverse and secure Meet-Me-Rooms while offering various fiber entrance vaults to the campus. Metro area dark fiber is also available.
- Top-tier Security. The facility includes an anti-intrusion system, closed-circuit television (CCTV) system, biometric scanners and badge access. Customized security is available.
- Fire Protection. TOR4 is fortified with dual, interlocked, pre-action fire suppression systems, assuring swift response and minimizing potential damage. Cross-zoned VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) technology is employed for comprehensive fire detection along with leak detection systems deployed around piping and drains.
For more information about the TOR4 data center and leasing opportunities, please visit Cologix TOR4.
About Cologix Inc.
Cologix provides carrier- and cloud-neutral hyperscale edge data centers and services in 11 markets across North America. Cologix is the interconnection hub for cloud service providers, carriers and a rich ecosystem of partners who want to deploy applications at the very edge across Canada and the U.S. With a growing portfolio of next generation facilities that meet the unique requirements for hyperscale growth with deep connectivity, Cologix offers massive scale and tailor-made data center solutions to accelerate its customers’ businesses at the digital edge. For on-demand connectivity for scale and control, Cologix Access Marketplace provides fast, reliable, self-service provisioning. For a tour of one of our data centers in Ashburn, Columbus, Dallas, Jacksonville, Lakeland, Minneapolis, Montréal, New Jersey, Silicon Valley, Toronto or Vancouver visit Cologix or email. Follow Cologix on LinkedIn and Twitter.
About CIM Group CIM is a community-focused real estate and infrastructure owner, operator, lender and developer. Since 1994, CIM has sought to create value in projects and positively impact the lives of people in communities across the Americas by delivering more than $60 billion of essential real estate and infrastructure projects. CIM’s diverse team of experts applies its broad knowledge and disciplined approach through hands-on management of real assets from due diligence to operations through disposition. CIM strives to make a meaningful difference in the world by executing key environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives and enhancing each community in which it invests. For more information, visit www.cimgroup.com.
Media Contact for Cologix:
Shifali Erasmus, Crackle PR
Media Contact for CIM Group:
Karen Diehl, Diehl Communications